Full Derby Name: Gnarley Quinn
Skater Number: 410
1. What is your REAL name?
2. What does the Derbyverse call you? And what is your Skater Number?
Gnarley Quinn 410
3. Is there a story behind your derby name?
I grew up watching a ton of Batman thanks to my older brother and Harley Quinn was one of my favorite characters because I always thought she was funny. I like the word Gnarly and how it can represent both very cool and challenging things, the word seems very representative of my journey in Roller Derby, and what better way than to combine that than with a bad a** roller derby playing comic book villain?
4. How did you get started playing for Diamond State Roller Derby?
I was aware of roller derby for some time and I saw DSRD’s booth at a local car show. I was super intimidated so it still took about 6 months of me lurking DSRD’s Facebook before deciding to commit.
5. What is one of your goals for the 2018 season?
To conquer the 27/5
6. What is your most memorable moment with Diamond State?
The time Dixie jumped out of Brick’s SUV and into Curly’s JEEP at a stop light and lost her shoe…never to be found again…or was it?
7. When you’re not being a bada** skater…what are you doing? (Profession/Hobbies)
Rollin’ with the homies (aka my dogs and my Fiance, Eddie Van Wailin’),
8. What skaters do you most admire most and why?
Lady Trample because she’s practically perfect in every way & Miracle Whips because she has the calves of a Greek god.
9. Any advice for someone who might be considering trying derby or are new to derby?
Do it, and don’t be hard on yourself, you’ll have the greatest team by your side encouraging you the entire way.
10. Any final thoughts for our fans?
Put Some Jam In It!